(1.7 M)EPUB

Biographical history of the American Irish in Chicago (1897)

fullscreen
Author: Ffrench, Charles
Subject: Irish Americans -- Illinois Chicago Biography; Chicago (Ill.) -- Biography
Publisher: Chicago : American Biographical Publishing Co.
Digitizing sponsor: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Book contributor: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Collection: americana

Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: cgreen - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - September 26, 2007
Subject: A treasure for researchers of Chicago Irish ancestry
This very large volume may be perused on your computer screen as you would any other book on this rapidly-loading excellent site. It is also searchable by surname. The biographical sketches, unlike some other county history biographical sketches, especially focus on each person's Irish roots as well as their life and accomplishments in Chicago. Don't be put off by the publication date if you are researching earlier family; the descendants of original settlers occasionally reveal here their parents' or grandparents' place of residence in Ireland, reasons for leaving the old sod and so on. This out of copyright book is sure to become a favorite with Illinois family historians. I did have some difficulty with printing at the local library--the page buttons appeared on printed pages when I hit file-print but were not visible on the library computer's screens. The buttons to turn pages or prepare a page to print did work from my home computer, however.

Selected metadata

Copyright-evidence-operator: scanner-christopher-jones
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by scanner-christopher-jones for item biographicalhist00ffre on March 21, 2007: no visible notice of copyright; stated date is 1897.
Copyright-evidence-date: 20070321144906
Scanningcenter: ill
Mediatype: texts
Identifier-access: http://www.archive.org/details/biographicalhist00ffre